Thursday, March 20, 2008

We say "Hello" but Spring says "Goodbye"

Well, today was gorgeous in the Chicago suburbs. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and it was so warm I had to shed my coat this afternoon. It was all just as it should be on the first day of spring. But...............tonight they are predicting 6 to 8 inches of snow. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT???? I can't take it anymore! One more snow storm is just going to push me over the edge, I swear. What is up with Mother Nature and why is she so pissed at us? Enough is enough already! What ever we did to make you mad Mother Nature, we're totally sorry! Now bring us some sunshine and blue skies PDQ! Geez!

OK, I feel better now (at least until tomorrow morning when I wake up and find all that freakin' snow on the ground!!!).

Thanks, Dogquilter, for your nice comment on yesterday's post. I'm glad to hear you also opt for the extended birthday celebration.

Today, I received three pairs of hand knit socks in the mail from my sister. Am I totally lucky or what? I will post a picture this weekend so you can all feast your eyes on the socky gloriousness and envy me sufficiently. I also received the package containing my new tankini from Land's End (also a birthday gift). I am SO dreaming of lazy days on the beach with a good book and a stack of trashy beauty magazines. When they say to "go to your happy place" that's where I go every time.

No comments: