Monday, March 17, 2008

Family Update: Dr. Gitelis says "It's All Good"

I spent the day at Rush University Hospital today. I got to see an X-ray of my leg (plate installed on January 3rd) and it looks like a big spider with a very flat back. Totally freaky! Anyway, Dr. Gitelis says there is no sign of cancer from the pelvis on down and everything looks like it's healing well. He can't say how long this rehabilitation process will take .......but he DOES predict that when it is all said and done, I will regain full function. WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Can't happen soon enough for me, I can tell you! The weather is starting to get nicer and I want to get back to taking my nice long walks. Physical therapy continues to go well - I started PT with a 90 degree bend in my knee and as of today, I'm up to 102 degrees. As a comparison, the good leg can bend 130 degrees so I have a ways to go but yay for the progress!

No comments: