Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Month Long Birthday Extravaganza

I have been spending most of the entire month of March celebrating my birthday. Why limit the festivities to just one day is what I say!
As you can see, I take a very casual, low key approach to this whole thing. But, after all, it's not every day that a girl turns 29 (but it IS every year)!
Last weekend, I cooked a special birthday celebration dinner. I've been going out to eat a lot too but I also love to cook for special occasions so I decided to do my Martha thing. On the menu was:
1. Chicken roasted with lemon, onion, rosemary, and sage.
2. Haricots Verts Almondine.
3. Tri-colored baby potatoes.
4. Chocolate Ganache Torte.
The dinner was served on my very favorite vintage table cloth. Can you say "yummy!" (I knew you could.)

Also (not pictured) was shopping for clothes and shoes. What more could a girl want?!? Thanks to Jenny Craig, I am currently rockin' a size 6 sizes smaller than what I wore this time last year. Yes, that's SIX sizes smaller - this is not a misprint! That makes shopping a whole heck of a lot more fun, I can tell you!

All in all, it's been a pretty awesome birthday month!

1 comment:

dogquilter said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! That is terrific indeed. As for the birthday...they should be celebrated for a MINIMUM of 1 week...1 month is ever better!! Happy Birthday!