Friday, March 7, 2008

My Sister Would Be So Proud

OK, so I'm a little technologically retarded. Truthfully, it's mostly been due to lack of interest. However, I've been reading my sister's blog and it looked like fun so I decided to try it. So, now I've just been slam dunked into the 21st century. It's strange here - the colors are brighter and everything smells different but the air appears to be breathable. I should acclimate soon.

The first hurdle was to think of a name and a title. This is always a tough one for me. Everything always sounds either dumb or pretentious. Anyway, In case you were wondering I call myself SexyThroughAdversity and call my blog "The Queen Knows Best" all because of a line from Queen Latifah's version of "Mercy Mercy Mercy" (The Dana Owens Album). She says "You gotta stay sexy through the adversity" and I've kind of adopted that as my personal mantra lately (more on why later....baby steps/get on the bus).

Today my car broke down and that SUCKED!!! But the good news is the fix is not going to be that expensive. The bad news is I don't get my car back until Monday. Have you ever noticed that good news and bad news almost always hang out together - what is that about?

My other issue today is how to get rid of cigarette smoke from a house - I Googled it and have been reading the hits. Sounds like vinegar, baking soda, and a lot of elbow grease - maybe an ozone machine if you're desperate. If anyone has any other suggestions, all are welcome.

That's it for now. (How'd I do, sis?)

1 comment:

BammerKT said...

Woo hooooooooooo. I'm linking to it from Bammers. Welcome to the 21st Century