Saturday, March 8, 2008

Laziness is Under-rated

Who besides me just LOVES to hang out in their pajamas until at least noon on Saturday. There's got to be many who do this and they are definitely on to something good. I'm sure that once the weather gets warmer, I'll be out there enjoying it much earlier in the day but for now, I'm reveling in my inertia. To do it right, you must have the following:

1. A thick and cozy fleece bathrobe (I like Land's End's version).
2. Cuddly cashmere socks (mine are hand knit by my sister - you are on your own there).
3. Shearling scuffs - one of the greatest inventions of all time and useable almost all year round.
4. A great coffeemaker (goes without saying).

Optional items that will enhance the experience are:

1. A cozy fire.
2. A great Book or magazine.
3. Chocolate (chocolate almost always makes the list regardless of topic).
4. A scented candle.

Yes, I do tend to be a bit of a hedonist but is that necessarily a bad thing??? I think not.

Well, I'm off to pour another cup of coffee and dive into the March issue of Martha Stewart Living (the special gardening issue!). Life is good.

No comments: