Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Signs that Indicate Summer is Over

I've been in serious denial that summer is really over. In fact, until just a couple of days ago, I have been driving around with my trunk full of beach gear (umbrella, chair, towels, etc). I guess I thought that as long as that stuff was in my trunk, summer wasn't actually over yet.

Anyway, I've finally had to come to terms with reality - the evidence is all around me! Here are some signs that indicate Summer is really over for this year:

1. Cardigans are making a regular appearance in my wardrobe again.
2. I switched to the fleece bathrobe.
3. The down comforter is back on the bed.
4. I've said "Brrrrr" every day for 5 days straight.
5. I've had the first fireplace fire of the season.
6. Frost on my car windows!
7. I've put away the bronzer and got out the blush. Ditto lipgloss and lipstick.
8. Use of warm bunny rabbit as hand warmer.
9. Less ice water - more hot tea!
10. Ice cream doesn't sound good anymore.
11. I'm starting to ponder my Christmas list.
12. We are deep into football season!

Bye for now summer! See you next year at the beach!

No comments: