Tuesday, October 21, 2008

New Craft Experience

I have this long narrow window by my front door that I didn't know WHAT to do with. At night, its kind of creepy thinking that people could be peeking in through this window. So I thought blinds? - No, that would look silly. Tension curtain? - No, too old and tired. Then I thought "Hey! How about stained glass?!?!" PERFECT!!


I called my Mom who has experience with stained glass and enlisted her help. She came for the weekend and brought all her tools and expertise. We purchased the glass at a local art glass store and went to work. And.....about a week ago it was finally completed and installed.





Voila!


The colors are a little washed out in the photo but it's the best I could get. They are from top to bottom: brown, gold, blue, red, and gray. I think it turned our really well and it's a funky combo of vintage and modern because it's so graphic and simple but uses vintage style materials.

Also, the wall around this door, which is currently green, will soon be painted blue.

What do you think?

No comments: